Day 8: Honey Mustard Chicken
As it is the weekend, I took control of the kitchen and let mumsy rest. So, for dinner today I made a simple Honey Mustard Chicken dish for the family.
- chicken (any cut is fine, on or off the bone)
- dijon mustard
- onion (finely chopped)
- garlic (finely chopped)
- chicken stock
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- heat up a large skillet on a medium heat, drizzle some olive oil and add the chicken skin side down. Brown for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove chicken from the pan and add the chopped garlic and onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- in a bowl, mix the mustard, honey, chicken stock and a splash of milk. Add the mixture into the pan.
- leave on medium heat until the sauce is reduced to half and add some thyme. Put in the already golden and crispy chicken and cover with lid until chicken is cook through.
- Serve immediately with a side of rice/potatoes/pasta and salad. ENJOY!